Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who's ready for Spring?

So. What a week last week!

Snow, Ice, you name it we got it. I don't know about you but I'm over it and ready for Spring. I'm ready for the smell of rain, green growth and being able to be outside in the warm sun. 

It's got me thinking about Summer reading program coming up when school is out. "One World, Many Stories" is the theme this year. 

We are also going to be having Video Game tournaments this year for all ages. Including some family nights using the Wii game system. Thats going to be a lot of fun. We are hoping to have a lot of family participation for that. We will be playing on the big screen projected on the wall. 

Speaking of projected on the wall. I have thought for the last few summers about the idea of having an after hours movie night, outside on the lawn, projected on the side of the Life Long Learning Center next to the library or possibly on one of those 12 ft inflatable screens. Everyone could bring a blanket and sit right on the grass. We could have some popcorn and drinks and not have to worry about spilling them on the carpet. We could show older movies or newer ones. We could do themes like old monster movies or classics. I'm up for suggestions.  Let me know what you think about that. Would you come? What would you like to see? Email me at webmaster@owenlib.org or just leave a comment here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment